At J. Aaron, we want you to be happy enough with your transaction that you not only are personally satisfied, but that you also tell your friends about your great experience with us. We also recognize that buying high-quality products of any kind online, sight unseen, can feel like a bit of a “gamble”, and we want you to be confident when you order from us. We’re very proud of the work we do and guarantee our workmanship or we’ll make it right.
Starting in January of 2017 J. Aaron LLC warrants our wood countertops, butcher block countertops and table tops with a limited lifetime warranty.
Prior to 2017 all products came with a 5 year limited warranty.
Our products are warrantied against significant glue joint separation and warping.
Exclusions to this warranty:
All of our countertops and table tops are made by craftsmen with years of experience using the highest quality products and tools available. They are designed for a lifetime of use and we are very proud of them. We are required to outline the limitations of our warranty but we strive to never have to refer to them.
As of March 1st 2022 hickory countertops, finished and unfinished, are no longer covered in this warranty. For further information please see below.
- J. Aaron reserves the right to reject any claim.
- J. Aaron is not responsible for S&H and or installation fees resulting from warranty issues.
- This warranty does not cover products installed in any outdoor application.
- This warranty covers use for any commercial purpose for one year only.
- This warranty does not cover improper use or abuse. Improper use or abuse includes, but is not limited to, damage from mishandling, damage from excessive heat or uneven exposure to weather conditions, physical or chemical abuse and damage from improper care and maintenance.
- This warranty does not cover scratches.
- This warranty does not cover any chemical damage.
- This warranty does not cover any failures due to inadequate support for the installation.
- This warranty does not cover the altering of any factory applied finish.
- This warranty does not cover staining.
- This warranty does not cover products that have not been paid in full.
- This warranty does not cover unfinished products.
- Routine maintenance and minor conditions such as stains, checking, shallow warping, and water spots that are a function of proper care and maintenance and which may be corrected by following the techniques specified in the Care & Maintenance Guide are not covered.
- This warranty does not cover product installed with known or visible manufacturing defects at time of installation, including but not limited to color variance or flatness deviation beyond reasonable expectations.
- This warranty does not cover END grain construction products.
Make It Right Guarantee
We guarantee the workmanship and/or production specifications meet your expectations or we’ll will make it right.
Unfortunately we’re not Wal-Mart so there are some things that are not included in this policy.
- Color will vary when compared to a sample.
- Grain will vary when compared to a sample.
- Natural wood character will vary when compared to a sample.
- Distressing will vary when compared to a sample.
- Replacements must be shipped to the original destination.
- Replacements can’t have any design changes like but not limited to shape, construction style, edge profile, finish etc. All design elements must be constrained to the original approved production drawings.
Why Are We Excluding Hickory From Our Warranty?
Hickory is unlike other woods and to perform to our desired specifications requires a relative humidity of 40% or more where it’s installed. Regardless of manufacturing technique or materials used issues can occur if relative humidity drops below 40%. Because we can not control this aspect we have no option but to exclude it from our warranty.
Should You Buy Hickory?
It’s a beautiful wood with colorations unlike anything else the world of wood has to offer. We have hundreds of hickory countertops in homes all over the country that perform perfectly. By no means is it guaranteed to perform badly, so yes, hickory should still be considered when purchasing a wood countertop.
Is There A Discount?
Yes, because hickory is not included in our lifetime warranty we have applied a discount to its price.